In the unfortunate event of a fire, A#1 Emergency Service, serving all of Dana Point and the Orange County area, is your go-to company for fire and water damage restoration in Dana Point. Fire restoration in Orange County should commence as soon as possible after the fire is extinguished, as this will help lessen the permanent damage. The residue left behind by smoke is acidic in nature and, over time, will cause surfaces to corrode and stain. Even worse, smoke that was pressurized during the fire can filter through cracks and crevices in the materials used to build your home or office, leaving behind unpleasant, odor-causing residues. Therefore, even though it is often a very emotional and chaotic time after a fire, it is imperative that you contact A#1 Emergency Service as soon as you can. Our fire damage repair services can help lessen the financial and emotional blow that a fire often causes.
To help mitigate the fire damage, there are some steps you can take before A#1 Emergency Service arrives at the scene:
- Open all windows.
- If the electricity is off, empty the freezer and refrigerator of all contents.
- Prop open doors.
- Remove pets—especially birds—to clean environments. Birds are particularly sensitive to toxins in the air.
Refrain from doing the following, as it can worsen the damage:
- Wiping or washing the walls, ceilings, or other absorbent surfaces.
- Using upholstered furniture. Sitting or lying on upholstered furniture will grind the residue into it, making it nearly impossible to remove.
- Using exposed food goods or canned goods that have been subject to excessive heat or smoke damage.
- Using TVs, stereos, or any other electrical appliances until they have been cleaned and checked.
- Sending smoked garments to an ordinary dry cleaner; improper cleaning may permanently set the smoke/odor, thus ruining your clothes.
- Turning on your heating and air conditioning systems if they are not currently running. Smoke residue likely settled in your air ducts and will need to be removed before you can run either of the systems again.
Due to their aptitude to infiltrate and absorb into building materials, smoky odors and stains can be difficult to remove. A#1 Emergency Service’s fire damage repair experts have the knowledge, cleaning products, and equipment needed to remove these stubborn odors and stains. Upon arriving to your home or office, our experts will:
- Professionally clean upholstery, drapes, carpets, walls, and anything else that s stained or needs cleaning.
- Sterilize all trim and hardware on kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances.
- Deodorize entire area to permanently remove any smoke odor.
Our fire damage repair services are available throughout all of Orange County, including the beautiful City of Dana Point and its surrounding beach cities. A fire can be devastating, but if you act quickly and call A#1 Emergency Service right away, we can help diminish the lasting damage, easing the blow to both your finances and emotions.